[GRASS-user] r.proj: fixing a failure

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Dec 22 08:43:35 EST 2009

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009, Hamish wrote:

> Maciej wrote:
>> Set the output location's region to the extent of your to-be-reprojected
>> data, before running r.proj in the input location.

   This message never arrived here.

   Can I assume that "output location" is the destination and "input
location" is the source?

   Then I will look in the WIND files for the boundaries of the two locations
and ensure that the larger is used in both.

> tip: v.proj'ing over a v.in.region box can help there. Then I usually try
> to set the resolution to be a tiny bit better than the source rows x cols.
> If there will bit a lot of rotation I try to set it even finer.

   I'll read the v.in.region man page and figure out how to use it to help
resolve my problem.

   I saw the resolution option but have no idea how to determine what it is
or what it should be. This is the type of information I want to collect and
document so there's more extensive instructions than most man pages provide.

   Germane to that last point: the r.proj man page includes conceptual detail
toward the end but no examples. The v.proj man page is the opposite. IMNSHO,
the r.proj detail should be in the wiki or other instructional documentation
and examples of usage should be on the man page.

Rich