[GRASS-user] r.proj: fixing a failure

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Dec 22 11:49:00 EST 2009

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009, Hamish wrote:

> Maciej wrote:
>> Set the output location's region to the extent of your to-be-reprojected
>> data, before running r.proj in the input location.
>
> tip:
> v.proj'ing over a v.in.region box can help there. Then I usually try
> to set the resolution to be a tiny bit better than the source rows x cols.
> If there will bit a lot of rotation I try to set it even finer.

   Advice from either or both of you will help me quickly understand what
needs to be done so I can avoid future problems.

   Here is the source (output?) location's WIND for the raster DEM:

proj:       99
zone:       0
north:      1735231.43724681
south:      1120657.1324816
east:       952979.22944945
west:       143667.18968253
cols:       24657
rows:       18724
e-w resol:  32.82281055
n-s resol:  32.82281055
top:        1
bottom:     0
cols3:      24657
rows3:      18724
depths:     1
e-w resol3: 32.82281055
n-s resol3: 32.82281055
t-b resol:  1

and here is the destination (input?) location's WIND for the state's area:

proj:       99
zone:       0
north:      1326000
south:      1278000
east:       817000
west:       766500
cols:       1538
rows:       1462
e-w resol:  32.83485046
n-s resol:  32.83173735
top:        1
bottom:     0
cols3:      50500
rows3:      48000
depths:     1
e-w resol3: 1
n-s resol3: 1
t-b resol:  1

   This is based on running v.proj on 10 vector maps from their original
locations.

TIA,

Rich