[GRASS-user] Correctly Converting LL to LCC

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Dec 28 11:54:54 EST 2009

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009, MS wrote:

> Can you setup a lat/long in GRASS, import lat/long points, then reproject
> within GRASS to your LCC projection?

Mark, et al.:

   Issues to be resolved:

   1) In both -6.4svn and -6.5svn using the wxPython GUI to create the new
location using 'll' as the projection, the spin control widgets are not
implemented for central latitude and central longitude. They will not change
from 0.0.

   2) Also with both versions, trying to set the extents/bounds fails. I
enter the appropriate values in each text entry widget, but clicking on the
"OK" (or whatever that button is labeled) does nothing. No reaction. Must
click the "Cancel" button to close that window.

   Manually entering the central latitude and logitude in
<location>/PERMANENT/PROJ_INFO, I used the lat_0 and lon_0 used in the
PROJ_INFO file of another location. Then I started GRASS, and tried to
import an ASCII point file.

   3) Copying the source file (sites.txt) to <location>/PERMANENT, I try to
import the points. This fails. See attached screenshot.

Thanks,

Rich