[GRASS-user] v.patch: Correct Syntax?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Dec 30 18:17:46 EST 2009

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009, Hamish wrote:

> ie g.region + v.in.region?

Hamish,

   I believe so; I didn't note the specific sequence and syntax, but I'd have
to have used v.in.region. Probably set type=area rather than line.

>> Yet running v.overlay like this:
>>
>> GRASS 6.5.svn (Oregon):/usr4/grassbase > v.overlay
>> ainput=clack_soilmapunits
>> atype=area binput=abernethy btype=area
>> output=bl_soilmapunits
>>
>> produces a solid rectangle for the output.
>
> the default for operator= is "or". I think you want "and".

   OK. If the interior of the binput is '1' then the intersection of the two
maps should leave the values of ainput unchanged. I thought the area
attribute of binput was '1' which is why I allowed the default to be
applied. Must have been wrong.

   I'll try again, both creating the new region as a line rather than an area
and explicitly setting the operator=and.

Thanks,

Rich