[GRASS-user] v.patch: Correct Syntax?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Dec 30 20:36:42 EST 2009

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  I'll try again, both creating the new region as a line rather than an
> area and explicitly setting the operator=and.

   Nuts! I'm still doing it incorrectly.

   Using g.region and v.in.region I created a map called 'abernathy' that has
the bounds of the project area. I've tried it as both area and line.

   Testing by using 'v.overlay ainput=clack_soilmapunits atype=area
binput=abernethy btype=area output=bl_soilmapunits operator=and --o'
followed by displaying that output map results in a blank monitor.

   The ainput (clack_soilmapunits) should be polygons of soil mapping units.
The binput (abernethy) was created both as an area and a boundary (which is
what I assume the line type produces with v.in.region since that map
displays as an outline). What error have I made that when I try to display
the output map I see nothing?

Rich