[GRASS-user] problem setting region in 6.4 rc3

Nick Cahill ndcahill at wisc.edu
Tue Feb 3 09:40:54 EST 2009

Hello,

Further on this. I tried creating a new location and mapset to see if
there were differences in the projection parameters or if something
was screwy. On startup, it gives an error I hadn't noticed before,

Warning: TclTk Aqua 8.4 unsupported

Here's the output:

'/Applications/GRASS-6.4.app/Contents/MacOS/grass.sh'; exit
Last login: Tue Feb  3 08:11:27 on console
Nicks-Macbook:~ nick$ '/Applications/GRASS-6.4.app/Contents/MacOS/
grass.sh'; exit
Rebuilding Addon HTML manual pages index...
Rebuilding Addon menu...
Warning: TclTk Aqua 8.4 unsupported
Cleaning up temporary files ...
Starting GRASS ...

-- here I created the new location and mapset, UTM Zone 35, entering
the parameters by hand. After apparently successfullly creating the
new mapset, GRASS failed with

TkMacOSXDoHLEvent failed : cppe 1                   ,kHighLevelEvent
61657674 0000 tvea,-1708

and the Wish Shell hung, unresponsive. Killed the process, and
restarted grass in the newly-created location and mapset; ran g.region
-p, and got the same error:

region for current mapset <projection field missing>
run "g.region"

Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong, or what I could do to
troubleshoot?

Many thanks,

Nick Cahill