[GRASS-user] problem setting region in 6.4 rc3

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Feb 3 10:17:24 EST 2009

On Feb 3, 2009, at 8:40 AM, Nick Cahill wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Further on this. I tried creating a new location and mapset to see
> if there were differences in the projection parameters or if
> something was screwy. On startup, it gives an error I hadn't noticed
> before,
>
> Warning: TclTk Aqua 8.4 unsupported

Do you have TclTk 8.5 Aqua installed?  Is it the ActiveTcl binary,
another binary, or did you build from source?

That's just a warning, I don't disable TclTk 8.4 Aqua in GRASS (I'm
not sure if I can).  So it will still try to use it, which does not
appear to work for defining a location.

So, the location setup was done in the GUI location setup tool? (which
would have been running TclTk 8.4 Aqua)

> region for current mapset <projection field missing>
> run "g.region"

Did you try running g.region right in the Terminal?  Save the current
region, which seems to be OK:

   g.region -s

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.