[GRASS-user] v.in.ascii

Harald Hofmann Harald.Hofmann at sci.monash.edu.au
Tue Feb 3 15:32:30 EST 2009

Hello all,
I have been using GRASS now for a couple of years but I am new to the
mailing list.
Nevertheless, I could still not solve one problem to a satisfactory extend.
What I mean is the header import in v.in.ascii.
I have point data with chemical analysis in the attribute table. Every
time I import a text file, containing these tables and using v.in.ascii,
the header is not imported, which is quit annoying when you have 20 or
30 different parameters.
I have solved it in a, some kind of clunky, way. After importing the
text file, I open the dbf in OOCalc and replace the first line with the
header that I copy from the original text file.
I was just wondering if there isn't an easier, more elegant method to do so.

Thanks
Harald

Harald Hofmann
PhD Candidate - Hydrogeology