[GRASS-user] r.composite changing pixel resolution?

Tim Holland timothyholland at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 03:28:51 EST 2009

Dear all,

I am new to both Grass and this forum, so apologies in advance for something
which is likely a simple mistake or oversight on my part (but I have
searched the forum and can't seem to find an answer).

I am trying to create RGB-composite images from various sets of Landsat
bands (3,2,1 or 4,5,3).  When I try to do this using r.composite, the
resulting raster file has a far courser pixel resolution than the original
images (it looks like it is scaling up by a factor of 12 - so 30m x 30m
pixels become 360m x 360m).  I can't see anything in the r.composite manual
that suggests why this would be happening.

If it is relevant, I am also using i.landsat.rgb to balance the colours
before I am using the r.composite.  Also, I am using Grass 6.3, and running
it through the plugin on QGIS 0.11.0.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tim