[GRASS-user] v.net.iso usage - including speed as factor

Darren Cope darrencope at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 21:37:22 EST 2009

Hi Hamish/List,

Thanks. I presume the example you meant on the v.net.path page was the
one where they entered two fields to calculate speed (e.g. The correct
fastest path can then be found by specifying afcol=length/max_speed).
However, trying to enter fields in this format in v.net.iso causes it
to crash (using command below--note I also tried surrounding
speed/length with single and double quotes, to no avail):

 v.net.iso input=myroads_net output=outputname ccats=1-999999
afcolumn=speed/length costs=0.01666,0.1666,0.5,1,2,3

I then tried calculating a new field (t) manually with the 'time'
value, and ran v.net.iso using that field as 'afcolumn'.  Results look
close, although I'm noticing some anomalies...  I ran:

 v.net.iso input=myroads_net output=outputname ccats=1-999999 afcolumn=t
 costs=0.01666,0.1666,0.5,1,2,3

The attached image shows the results.  Most of the categories are
'close' to what I would expect, but still seem a bit off.  The real
odd result is the "1" category (themed red), which shows up
(correctly) in the middle of the image, but also (incorrectly) along
the whole N/W corner of the image.  Why is this occurring?  Any
insights into what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers,

Darren Cope
http://dmcope.freeshell.org