[GRASS-user] ERROR geonames_features

Zahid Parvez grassgisbangladesh at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 14:13:03 EST 2009

Dear grass user,
It may be a silly error but it is confusing me. I will be very glad if you
could help.

I am learning GRASS GIS from "Open source gis a grass gis approach" book.
This a an excellent book for the beginners.
I am using winGRASS 6.3.0.4  native version and running nc_spm 08 at PERMANENT.
I have executed the following comand:

r.contour elevation out=elev_contour_1111m step=3 min=55 max=154

it is giving following error:

BMI-DBF driver error:
SQL parser error: syntax error, unexpected NAME, expecting '(' processing
'geonames_features'
in statement:
create table database geonames_features.elev_contour_1111m ( cat integer,
level double precision )
Error in db_execute_immediate()

Unable to create table: create table database
geonames_features.elev_contour_1111m ( cat integer, level double precision )

 then I have run the following steps:
 -> db.connect
 -> db.connect driver=dbf
{database=$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/dbf/} {schema=database
geonames_features}
 -> I want to remove the schema=database geonames_features ; because i think
it is creating problem
 -> I have deleted from txtbox and execute " db.connect driver=dbf
{database=$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/dbf/} "
 -> but when again I open db.connect window it shows schema=database
geonames_features
 -> How can I remove it.

best

Md. Zahid Parvez