[GRASS-user] ps.map question concerning rtid numbers

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 20 03:24:46 EST 2009

Rainer wrote:

> I am using ps.map with a raster and a grid and showing numbers. This
> works fine, only that background of the numbers of the grid is white,
> and not transparent - consequently, one can not see the raster (see
> attached png). I am using the code below. My question is, if it would
> be possible to set the background of the numbers to transparent.

generally no. but:

perhaps with the new ps.map patch in the tracker by Jorge? (#487)

or, you can edit the postscript file by hand. Open in vi (or some other
industrial strength text editor), search for the coordinate text near the end of the file, maybe in (12345) parentheses.

then ~3rd line after text change "1 1 1 C" to another color (R G B, 0.0-1.0) or just remove that line??

I think I've tried it before and it didn't look very nice because the previously masked grid line continued through the text.

Hamish