[GRASS-user] GRASS 7 and SQLITE o POSTGRES

Gabriele N. gis.gn at libero.it
Sat Feb 21 06:44:05 EST 2009

Hi Benjamin, thanks for the reply.
I read something about spatial lite.

I work mainly with GRASS and thought to use it with SQLite because GRASS 7
should be able to work directly on the SQLite for the geometries and the
attributes (in short, without v.exeternal).
I think, but I do not know if it is correct, that implementing a DB in
SQLite might be possible to access data with GRASS 7, QGIS, gvSIG, etc...
(my colleagues still do not use GRASS) .... but maybe it's only my  hope :-)

With postgres/postgis I should always connect with v.external and I could
not do spatial analysis using the tools of GRASS ... right?

Thank you very much
Gabriele