[GRASS-user] Long post - Remote Sensing - Classifications

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 26 22:40:32 EST 2009

Hamish:
> > hmmm, if I try the same from gis.m in grass65 I get:
> > =================
> > [...]
> > required: NO
> >
> > Enter the name of an existing input file
> > Hit RETURN to cancel request
> > >
> > <>
> > [$GISBASE]/etc/grass-run.sh: line 29: 20596
> Segmentation fault      "$@"
> >
> > ERROR: i.class exited abnormally. Press <enter>
> to continue.
> > =================
> >
> > and the xterm closes.

(fixed in svn)

> Yes, this is what I was talking about in one of my previous
> post while using the wxPython GUI I get this
>
> http://n2.nabble.com/file/n2390051/x0.png x0.png

anything in the terminal window? or does that launch an xterm for you?

> but we already said that was under development.

that's what we're doing now. :)

> > Ok, it's a bug: the menu item wasn't opening an xmon for you, and
> > wasn't disabling GRASS_RENDER_IMMEDIATE for i.class.
> > For the Tcl/Tk GIS.m GUI now fixed in svn, rev 36103.
> >
> > cd gui/tcltk/
> > svn up
> > make
>
> I'm sorry Hamish, could you be a bit more "for dummies" for me ? :-) I'm
> still not so familiar with this. Do I have to go in the tcltk directory
> and run svn up -> make?
> Or do I have to download something somewhere. Again, I
> got the 6.4 version from Sid but now I switched back on
> Lenny...

argh sorry forgot that. the instructions are cut&paste from the command
line from the svn checkout source code dir.

> would that work the same?

you could try to paste the files in, but it's a bit sloppy.

> Besides, are you suggesting to switch back to the tcltk GUI
> to make it work?..I kind of liked the wxPython one.

well it should now work from the tcltk gui (latest unreleased svn),
no idea from the wx GUI. (I still haven't updated from etch here so
no official wx2.8 or gui for me except from winGrass or Mac packages)

Hamish