[GRASS-user] Long post - Remote Sensing - Classifications

mitch reflexeos at yahoo.it
Sat Feb 28 14:22:54 EST 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-26 at 19:40 -0800, Hamish wrote:
> Hamish:
> > > hmmm, if I try the same from gis.m in grass65 I get:
> > > =================
> > > [...]
> > > required: NO
> > >
> > > Enter the name of an existing input file
> > > Hit RETURN to cancel request
> > > >
> > > <>
> > > [$GISBASE]/etc/grass-run.sh: line 29: 20596
> > Segmentation fault      "$@"
> > >
> > > ERROR: i.class exited abnormally. Press <enter>
> > to continue.
> > > =================
> > >
> > > and the xterm closes.
>
> (fixed in svn)
>

> > Yes, this is what I was talking about in one of my previous
> > post while using the wxPython GUI I get this
> >
> > http://n2.nabble.com/file/n2390051/x0.png x0.png
>
> anything in the terminal window? or does that launch an xterm for you?

not tried yet.

> > but we already said that was under development.
>
> that's what we're doing now. :)

you know what? I got  Pyhton book at the library...we'll see :-)

> > > Ok, it's a bug: the menu item wasn't opening an xmon for you, and
> > > wasn't disabling GRASS_RENDER_IMMEDIATE for i.class.
> > > For the Tcl/Tk GIS.m GUI now fixed in svn, rev 36103.
> > >
> > > cd gui/tcltk/
> > > svn up
> > > make
> >
> > I'm sorry Hamish, could you be a bit more "for dummies" for me ? :-) I'm
> > still not so familiar with this. Do I have to go in the tcltk directory
> > and run svn up -> make?
> > Or do I have to download something somewhere. Again, I
> > got the 6.4 version from Sid but now I switched back on
> > Lenny...
>
> argh sorry forgot that. the instructions are cut&paste from the command
> line from the svn checkout source code dir.

I know Himish that you are not here to baby-sit me but these lines make
no sense for me :-(
"cut&paste from the command line from the svn checkout source code dir"

I downloaded the snapshot from here
http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/source/snapshot/
do I have to re-install the sw?..How do I fix just something (what you
fixed I think) without re-install everything?
I've never done this before (updating from a snapshot)..so, could you
send a link where I can find more info or precise direction in order to
do it? (I check the INSTALL file inside the source but didn't help that
much).

> > would that work the same?
>
> you could try to paste the files in, but it's a bit sloppy.
>

> > Besides, are you suggesting to switch back to the tcltk GUI
> > to make it work?..I kind of liked the wxPython one.
>
> well it should now work from the tcltk gui (latest unreleased svn),
> no idea from the wx GUI. (I still haven't updated from etch here so
> no official wx2.8 or gui for me except from winGrass or Mac packages)
>

> Hamish

mitch