[GRASS-user] error with v.net.salesman

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Jan 1 11:22:50 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 7:09 PM, José María Michia
<jose.maria.michia at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/12/31 Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>:
>> Hi José,
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 8:39 AM, José María Michia
>> <jose.maria.michia at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello everyone. I'm trying v.net.salesman module. I followed the
>>> instructions in the manual page. All tests are good, except one case,
>>> which returns the following error:

>>> Number of cities: [237]
>>> Building graph...
>>> Registering arcs...
>>>  100%
>>> Flattening the graph...
>>> Graph was built
>>> ERROR: Destination node [604] is unreachable from node [1045]
>>>
>>> The range 1-237 refers to all nodes in the network.
>>>
>>> I can not find a way of relate [604] and [1045] with categories.
>>
>> Are you using the Spearfish data set?
>
> Not, I'm using my own dataset.

Did you try v.net to connect the missing nodes?
http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/html64_user/v.net.html

Perhaps that solves the problem.
Additionally, d.vect can show node numbers with
disp=topo

This should, in combination with d.zoom help to identify the
(I suppose) data problem.

Markus