[GRASS-user] Landsat classification with CORINE CLC color codes?

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Jan 19 02:25:27 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 7:42 AM, Dimos <dimos_anastasiou at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My apologies if this question is already covered in this list...
>
> 44 CORINE CLC RGB  color codes are mentioned for each of the 44 land use
> classes at:
> http://dataservice.eea.europa.eu/download.asp?id=14234&filetype=.csv
>
> Can we classify a Landsat RGB image based on these rgb color codes in
> GRASS GIS and how?

In my opinion it doesn't make much sense to use the RGB colors here
since they are arbitrary (well, ok, ideally "close" to natural colors).

What you can do:
- download the related CORINE shape file(s)
- extract training areas
- run i.gensigset to generate statistics
- run i.smap to do the classification
- validate

Markus