[GRASS-user] DBMI-DBF driver error

Matt mlpublic42 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 19:17:51 EST 2009

You are correct.  'river.dbf' is a typo.  I did a cut and past, but
the first character of the first line in the "Output - GIS.m" window
always appears a couple of line up and to the right of the printer and
"X" icons: it should have read "driver:dbf".

The directory  'C:/Users/Matt/Documents/GISdata/nc_spm_08/PERMANENT/dbf'
does exist.
This is probably grasping as straws, but could the difference between
forward slash and back slash be important?  If I open a Windows
Command Prompt window (a DOS window) and type
     cd C:/Users/Matt/Documents/GISdata/nc_spm_08/PERMANENT/dbf
I go to the correct directory.  If I then type dir in the Command
Prompt window, I see the directory listing.
BUT  if I am back at the root directory (c:\) and type
     dir C:/Users/Matt/Documents/GISdata/nc_spm_08/PERMANENT/dbf
I get an error message.  Repeating with the back slash gives the
correct result in both cases.  For shorter examples "dir c:\" works,
but "dir c:/" does not work (invalid switch).  Depending how GRASS and
Windows interact, might this be a problem?