[GRASS-user] v.in.ogr

Martin Schweizer schweizermartin at students.unibe.ch
Fri Jan 23 17:38:26 EST 2009

Hi.

I have the following problem with a Shape-file. First the history: I
imported once a ascii-file, then i exported it to a shape-file. Then I
changed some values with QGis and now I would like to re-import the file
(shp). So I used the command v.in.ogr.

v.in.ogr    {dsn=/home/....../Städte Noricum Romanum5.shp}
output=Staedte_Noricum min_area=0.0001 snp=-1

And the Result is (I tried to translate it to english):

Spaltenname wurde geändert: 'cat' -> 'cat_'  (in english: Column-name
changed: 'cat' -> 'cat_')
DBMI-DBF driver error:
Column 'cat_' already exists (duplicate name)
Cannot create table.
Error in db_execute_immediate()
Kann Tabelle nicht erzeugen (in english: Could not create table):
'create table Staedte_Noricum2 (cat integer, cat_ integer, cat_ integer,
dbl_1 double precision, dbl_2 double precision, str_1 varchar ( 80 ),
str_2 varchar ( 80 ), str_3 varchar ( 80 ), str_4 varchar ( 80 ), str_6
varchar ( 80 ), int_1 integer)'

So: What can I do to import this Shape-file correctly?

Thanks a lot and have a lot of fun!

Martin