[GRASS-user] d.extract strange behavior

Vincent Bain bain at toraval.fr
Sat Jan 24 12:31:56 EST 2009

Hi list !
Following upon a previous post concerning multiple selections on vector
maps, I explored the capabilites of d.extract. I have a vector map1
linked to a pg database.
When running :

        d.extract in=map1 out=map2

I select a set of boundaries (or centroids, or anything else). Map2 is
properly created with the previously pointed boundaries, but when I look
into the newly created linked table, it contains ALL the records of the
source map, not only the few selected ones.

Another troubling thing is the way selections operate : some objects
cannot be catched, others are selected though falling out of the box...

Hope it can help for future enhancement,

Bye,
Vincent.