[GRASS-user] re: Mac OSX- How slow can you go?

Macsurfcat macsurfcat at me.com
Sun Jan 25 16:15:39 EST 2009

I am running _OSX.5.6_ on an _intel_ _Mac_ using two (2) duo-core
processors and a bunch of memory. I have set up GRASS 6.3 and it seems
to be especially sluggish; i.e., literally all night to import a vector
shapefile, albeit a substantial one. In addition, many modules
(commands) will execute and then force an exit from the application,
requiring a re-launch. Curiously, the tasks themselves are often completed.

The "brand" is *OpenOX Grass*, an "it requires no additional
dependencies" package.

Anyone else running into the same problem?

Eugene