[GRASS-user] Site Location Modeling

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Jan 28 02:52:43 EST 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 3:08 AM, Mustafa Umut Sarac
<mustafaumutsarac at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you please tell me how GRASS and statistics science goes together.
> Is it possible program GRASS for that purpose or what are the free softwares
> to do this ?

There are interfaces for that which link GRASS to statistical software, see
http://grass.osgeo.org/statsgrass/index.php

> They say they give geographic details to the software and the software draw
> the probability of finding new sites .

Here is the course material (a bit older but much should still work):
http://mpa.fbk.eu/markus/shortcourse/index.html

See "Session 6: GRASS/R/PostgreSQL" to get an idea:
Especially "Notes 7"
  http://mpa.fbk.eu/markus/shortcourse/notes7.html
  "Predictive Habitat models - GRASS and R-stats"

In that exercise sampling is done to predict a species distribution.

Best regards ,
Markus

--
Markus Neteler
Fondazione Mach - Centro Ricerca e Innovazione