[GRASS-user] bounding box grid and polygon layer

Matthew Mulbrandon mulbran at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 28 05:27:54 EST 2009

Hello,

I want to give census tracts categories values ( layer tenn_county_all) based on there centroids location in a grid layer that I have made (tenn_county_grid). The grid is nubered 1-42 and also as letters i.e. row A colunm G.
 I was planning to do something like

if centroid of tract X in grid box 12 write out category 12 for that tract X.

I don't want to do this by hand but I am not sure how or if I can query between two layers.

I am not attached to any particular method just need something that will do the job.

I looked up info on the web and found bounding box in v.edit so I think that is a way to go but have not seen anything on how to do this.

Thanks,

Matthew