[GRASS-user] Problems with v.in.ogr importing shp files

Ferruccio Sarra ferruccio.sarra at tiscali.it
Wed Jul 1 09:12:46 EDT 2009

Hi all.
Compiled and installed Grass 6.5 from source on a 64x Ubuntu 9.04
machine. It seemed to me it worked fine but when I tried to import the
curvespear shape file (following the step by step tutorial
http://www.ing.unitn.it/~grass/docs/tutorial_62/index.html ) by v.in.ogr
function, the procedure didn't go on. In the output window:
Layer: curvespear
Importing map 1755 features...

and nothing else.
The imported file is in the right place but with nearly no feature inside.

I'v been looking for a tip in the user mailing list archive but Rafael
Moraes suggestion doesn't help.     Added      http://les-ejk.cz/ubuntu
repository to source list     and reinstalled gdal... but nothing happend.
   The same with Grass 6.2.3. (Maybe I made some newbe mistake in
updating gdal).
Any suggestion?
Thank you.
Ferro