[GRASS-user] AVIRIS data in GRASS

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 17:49:21 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have been searching mailing lists for a while, and have not been
able to discover any approaches for working with AVIRIS data in GRASS.
Does anyone on the list know how to either convert or extract data as
delivered in the "free data" section [1] of the AVIRIS home page? I
have tried working with the "radiance" data, which when uncompressed
comes with several .img files-- however my copy of GDAL does not know
what to make of it. It looks like it may be possible [2] to import the
data using r.in.bin... I was not able to get this working.

1. http://aviris.jpl.nasa.gov/html/aviris.freedata.html
2. http://n2.nabble.com/AVIRIS---grass-td1864545.html

Thanks!

Dylan