[GRASS-user] AVIRIS data in GRASS

Michael Perdue michael_perdue at yahoo.ca
Sun Jul 5 20:56:36 EDT 2009

I don't think you can use r.in.bin because there is no option to
specify the number of bands and how those bands are interleaved. In
the past I've used Multispec and Matlab to read the data but you might
be able to manipulate GDAL to read it. If you can create a header file
for a generic binary file that will provide GDAL with the number of
rows, columns, byte order, #channels, # of bytes/sample and the
interleave method then you can tell GDAL how to read it. Unfortunately
I can't hit the GDAL website right now so I can't tell if any of the
generic binary formats allow for all those definitions.

Cheers,

Mike

PS. Also note that none of the tiles provided in the "free" area have
been geometrically rectified and some have severe distortions due to
aircraft dynamics.