[GRASS-user] How does GRASS do tiled processing?

Jonathan Greenberg greenberg at ucdavis.edu
Wed Jul 8 15:30:36 EDT 2009

Milton:

    Thanks, but I'm more curious in just the generic way GRASS does
tiled processing (say, in mapcalc).  I assume there is a low-level
processing layer GRASS uses (or no?).  I'm not doing a direct grass-to-R
link, I'm doing the processing completely within R with rgdal, but I'm
interested in various solutions to the tiled processing problem.

    That is a helpful suggestion, tho -- I used a similar approach when
I "forced" r.sun to do tiled processing with a massive lidar image I had
-- I ended up setting overlaps between each tile since its a spatial
problem.  For pure pixel analyses, of course, there's no need to worry
about boundaries...

--j

AIM: jgrn307, MSN: jgrn307 at hotmail.com, Gchat: jgrn307