[GRASS-user] How does GRASS do tiled processing?

Milton Cezar Ribeiro miltinho.astronauta at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 15:25:04 EDT 2009

Hi Jonathan,

When I need to do tiles processing of grass coupled R, I usually set a list
of bounding boxes on R (a list of x1, x2, y1, y2), and then I put it on a
for() looping. So, I set a new g.region using n= s= e= and w= parameters
using system() function of R (you can do it of other ways). Just after the
for() I reset g.region with -d.

*but* you need to be very careful with your processing, because some of the
results will be influenced by the boundary of new sub-regions.

Good luck

milton
brazil=toronto