[GRASS-user] How does GRASS do tiled processing?

Jonathan Greenberg greenberg at ucdavis.edu
Wed Jul 8 14:26:24 EDT 2009

GRASSers:

    I was curious -- how is tiled processing realized in GRASS GIS?  Is
there a fixed input tile size (in MB of RAM or # of lines)?  Is there
some documentation buried on the GRASS site that describes the
algorithm?  I'm trying to replicate an efficient tiled approach in R --
I was basing it off the ENVI approach (precalculate the input data
memory footprint per line of data, read in as many lines as the memory
cap allows, process, write those lines, rinse, repeat), but I was
curious if GRASS had a different approach.

--j

--

Jonathan A. Greenberg, PhD
Postdoctoral Scholar