[GRASS-user] What to do with the output of v.strahler? Coloring a stream vector.

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 12 01:57:50 EDT 2009

stephen sefick wrote:
> I would like to use the stream orders to color the stream vectors.
> How would I go about doing this?

If using a recent version of grass use the v.colors script.

It acts like r.colors but uploads RGB values to a DB column, typically
called "GRASSRGB".

Then use 'd.vect -a' (or GUI equivalent) to render using those rules.

> My thought is to make the stream vector into a raster after I have
> attached the stream orders based on a common identifier (line?).
> My thought is to use R to do the merging, but this is a half
> backed idea right now.

v.net modules can isolate connected paths, search archives and help pages
for examples.  r.cost is another way to do that.

Hamish