[GRASS-user] Error 3 and messages r.in.gdal

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Jul 19 13:16:35 EDT 2009

(I take liberty to CC Frank Warmerdam, GDAL lead)

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 3:02 PM, stephen sefick<ssefick at gmail.com> wrote:
> ERROR 3: Attempt to read past EOF in
> /Users/sefick/Desktop/Downloads/NED_75468515/ned_75468515/../info/arc.dir.
> ERROR 4: Failed to open table ned_75468515.VAT
>
> these two error messages when I import DEM data from national map
> seamless server.  The raster maps display fine.  Are they okay to use?

I have the same problem with Italian DEM files. Apparently
no problem, the data appear to be complete. However, I don't
like to much to see such an error message :)

See also
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2447
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/3031

Markus