[GRASS-user] Building topologically correct stream network

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 21 13:34:57 EDT 2009

Margherita Di Leo wrote:
> I'm sorry but the procedure that I proposed does not produce good
> results. In fact the ascii file produced by v.strahler has very
> strange orders, and also many 0 (that does not have sense in strahler
> order!). I think the problem is generated in finding the outlets
Outlet points are where stream is not null and drainage direction is
negative, e.g.

r.mapcalc "outlet_points = if(!isnull(streams) && drainage < 0, streams,
null())"

That would give you outlet points whose cell value is the stream segment
number leading to the outlet point.

> and/or confluences.
All nodes of the stream vector, excluding outlet points?

Markus M