[GRASS-user] i.cluster fails and how to create a working attribute data table

Dominik Wiedner dominikwiedner at web.de
Wed Jul 22 02:33:16 EDT 2009

Hi Folks,

Once again, I got some problems with the windows version of GRASS.

When I want to do an unsupervised classification, the output of i.cluster
reads:

"G_calloc: unable to allocate 1000000001 * 8 bytes at alloc_cell.c:128"

The command I entered reads as follows:

i.cluster group=Landsat7 at PERMANENT subgroup=LS7_SUB sigfile=LS7_SIG
classes=20 iterations=30 convergence=98.0 separation=0.0 min_size=17
reportfile=Rep

The other problem concerning the creation of vector features is, that i
can't enter any data, as the error output reads:

Cannot open database
'E:/Damokles_BACKUP/Backup/Wichtig/Geomatik/GIS2/Präsentation/GIS
DataBase/Deutschland/Ruhrgebiet/dbf/' by driver 'dbf'

So how do I create prober attribute data tables linked to a certain vector
layer?

Kind regards,
Dominik