[GRASS-user] extracting features from DEM: how big DEM?

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 23 02:32:10 EDT 2009

The upper computational limit of r.watershed and r.terraflow (not 100%
sure here, may be higher) is 2,147,483,647 cells. It will take a long
time, r.watershed -m much longer than r.terraflow, but both modules will
do it. It will be many hours if not some days for a region with
2,147,483,647 cells, so the question is how long you want to wait.

Markus M