[GRASS-user] Pansharpening (how, and is it necessary?)

Georg Kaspar georg at muenster.de
Wed Jul 29 04:56:58 EDT 2009

I wonder wether pansharpening of each channel is necessary to classify a
QuickBird-Scene using i.maxlik and i.smap or wether I can just add the
pan channel to the group.
_If_ pansharpening is necessary: What is the best way to do it?
i.fusion.brovey and (i.rgb.his -> exchange intensity -> i.his.rgb) only
work with three channels, so I'd have to do this twice with different
combinations of channels!?
What about principal components? Is it possible to transform them back,
so I could exchange the first component?
Thanks!
Georg