[GRASS-user] Generate DEM with point and line vector

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 7 03:02:00 EDT 2009

leonidas wrote:
> I don't know if r.surf.contour is suitable for my data because
> there are disjointed contour lines and spot elevation data
> between contour lines.

the spot elevation data will actually help,

> So according to the manual of r.surf.contour:"Violating these
> constraints will cause non-intuitive anomalies to appear in the
> output map".

try it, I expect it will look fine. If it does come out weird
can you post an image as an example? I've never seen it create
an anomaly so I'm curious to know what triggers it and how it
looks like.

> Is there any other tool appropriate for my data?Unfortunately
> there is no time to fix the data.

I think that r.surf.contour is you best bet.
you might try r.surf.nnbathy from wiki addons as well.

look at slope and curvature maps to find interpolation artifacts.

Hamish