[GRASS-user] grass confignation

maven apache apachemaven0 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 04:06:21 EDT 2009

Hi:
I am confusing with the garss.
If I want to handle a tiff image and I donot know its wide(Amercia or the
France),so what to do next? Should I create a new location and mapset and
write it to the .grassrc file and delete it after my process? If so,how to
make the commond? For example,I want to do a buffer,the basic commond is
"r.buffer........",should I do some initialization work "g.region....."or
others like this?
Since I provide a interface for other clients to handle there data use the
grass in my server,I am not sure how to config the grass,the location . the
mapset?
Looking forward some one can provide a clear suggestion!