[GRASS-user] problem on vectorizing a float point raster

Milton Cezar Ribeiro miltinho.astronauta at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 15:02:15 EDT 2009

Hi Relpers,

In fact I really need that each pixel be a polygon. I know that the
number of polygons will be very large. But it is part of a research
on my lab, to see how different variables and scales can help to
explain some patterns that occurs on our region of interest.
The example of tempetarute at 30x30 m resolution is just
the highest fine scale we are analyzing.

When I run the raster to vector on arcgis it takes about
5 minutes, for my 2400x2400 image. But I would like
to turn the solution as general as possible because I
need run it at varying scales and for a large set of variables.

Thanks for your time.

cheers

milton