[GRASS-user] what is requried when import data to grass?

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Sat Jun 13 10:50:57 EDT 2009

maven apache wrote:

>     Is there some special reason you need to create the GRASS
>     directory structure programatically each time? Can't you just start
>
> As the pywps I have refered,each client(user) may send their own
> process request with different map,obvirous they do not have the save
> location or mapset even the projection,so if config the grass only
> once ,do the location and mapset accord with the user requested map?
Well, no. Each location has a specific coordinate reference system, set
up when you create the location.  Any data pulled into that location
should match that CRS.
I don't recall the start of your thread:  Are you saying that you need
to be able to handle any data that clients throw at you in *any* CRS?
How will you know the CRS of the client's maps? (Many data formats do
not require full metadata with CRS information)

And one other point came to my mind: be aware that the user calling the
GRASS script must be the owner of the $GISDBASE directory structure. So
if these are web based apps, then the user running your http server must
own the GRASS database directory.

Good luck, and keep us posted,
--
Micha