[GRASS-user] what is requried when import data to grass?

maven apache apachemaven0 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 00:44:44 EDT 2009

> I don't recall the start of your thread:
>

> Are you saying that you need to be able to handle any data that clients
> throw at you in *any* CRS?

 How will you know the CRS of the client's maps? (Many data formats do not
> require full metadata with CRS information)

 In fact I perfer to create location and mapset for each requested map
according the crs or other parameter, and how to get the parameter is
another topic( for some ogc web servcie wcs wms we can get most paramter
from the requsted url for example:
http://localhost:8080/wcs?Request=wcs&identifier=imageID&crs=EPSG:4326&bbox=[][]$format=tiff
.....)
So what block me is the location and mapset, in a word I am so unfamiliar
with the grass although I have read some documents that I can not
confignation as the pywps did.

> And one other point came to my mind: be aware that the user calling the
> GRASS script must be the owner of the $GISDBASE directory structure. So if
> these are web based apps, then the user running your http server must own
> the GRASS database directory.

What we do is to provide a interface to the user, the process name and some
required parameter for the grass, the real requestor of the grass is
ourselvers , in other words it is the server (we own the GISDBASE)to call
the grass,and the parameter passed to grass come from the user.
May be I can describe it as follows:
the user(web browse) provide the paramter and the original map ------->our
server(get the para and the map) -----> call the grass (pass the praa and
map) ----->grass process----->grass send the result,(may be exported)