[GRASS-user] problems compiling grass 7

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 04:59:23 EDT 2009

Hello people.
I wanted to try the jump in the future :)
I've just compiled my very first grass 7 on Ubuntu Jaunty (I've
abandoned the bad days with Vista!). I've received the following
errors:

Errors in:
/home/giova/grass/grass_trunk/raster/r.li/r.li.setup
/home/giova/grass/grass_trunk/scripts/v.in.garmin
/home/giova/grass/grass_trunk/scripts/v.in.gpsbabel
/home/giova/grass/grass_trunk/scripts/v.out.gps
/home/giova/grass/grass_trunk/swig/python
--

Ok, I will solve the scripts but I wondered if the Python swig
libraries are necessary to the Python infrastructure of grass 7. I

      Starting GRASS ...
      Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "/usr/local/grass-7.0.svn/etc/wxpython/gis_set.py", line
845, in <module>
          import gui_modules.gcmd as gcmd
        File "/usr/local/grass-7.0.svn/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/gcmd.py",
line 59, in <module>
          from grass.script import core as grass
        File "/usr/local/grass-7.0.svn/etc/python/grass/__init__.py",
line 2, in <module>
          import lib
      ImportError: No module named lib

and the /usr/local/grass-7.0.svn/etc/python/grass/lib folder is empty.

Are these problems correlated? If not, how to solve the latter (I
don't care about swig interface very much...)

Thx,
Giovanni