[GRASS-user] can the grass calculate the area of different color for a image(tiff or other?)

maven apache apachemaven0 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 05:59:05 EDT 2009

0 429847.542397
9321 212745757.083273
26425 4430667.032198
31744 5444337463.194785
32736 35683640.857434
32767 92624.052023
The above is the result I got from the commond  r.stats -a
input=swione at PERMANENT fs=space nv=* nsteps=255
the swione is composited from the r g b maps by importing the tiff swi.tiff.
So the category I think is six.
And when I run the comond:  r.category map=swione at PERMANENT fs=tab I got
9321
26425
31744
32736
32767
Where si the category "0"?
Also I found that I can see only five color from the tiff swi.tiff, and
yesterday I get five category with the same steps(import and composite then
calculate ), they are
"0
9321
26425
31744
32736   ";, but today it change to six!!
And acturlly I want to extract each color and export them to a vector map, I
am looking the proper commond.