[GRASS-user] v.lidar.edgedetection very slow

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 18 13:23:40 EDT 2009

John wrote:
> I use the -tbzr on v.in.ascii and v.build after for
> topology. I have also utilised the sqlite db.

does the import data only have/need x,y,z or do you need
additional fields as well? if there is no need for other
data columns v.build/topology/databases will only slow
you down for little gain.

typically how many points in one 1000x1000 import block?

can you watch the memory use of the module? i.e. does it fill
up physical RAM after 25% then start using swap space on hard
disk for the rest (which is 100x slower).

Hamish