[GRASS-user] v.lidar.edgedetection very slow

John Tate john.tate at ntlworld.com
Thu Jun 18 18:47:05 EDT 2009

> John wrote:
>> I use the -tbzr on v.in.ascii and v.build after for
>> topology. I have also utilised the sqlite db.
>
> does the import data only have/need x,y,z or do you need
> additional fields as well?

I extracted xyz with lastools first, so only xyz in the imported ascii

> can you watch the memory use of the module? i.e. does it fill
> up physical RAM after 25% then start using swap space on hard
> disk for the rest (which is 100x slower).

As it is writing the file (was at 6Mb after 3hrs), the mem usage is
on 114Mb with 1.4Gb free at the moment. It is not using the PageFile.

The book and manual mention the need for topology for the lidar tools to
work, so have been trying  v.build and thought a db could help.

>What OS?
XPPro

John