[GRASS-user] v.out.ogr to KML ERROR 1: Latitude is invalide

maven apache apachemaven0 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 10:34:42 EDT 2009

2009/6/19 Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com>

> maven wrote:
> > First I create location :g.proj -c georef=d:/swilAlphaTIFF.tif
> > datumtrans=0 location=newlocationthen import it
> > to the new location: get four raster maps(it has three
> > band),I composite them and then transfer the composted
> > raster to vector,then extract each category to a vector,one
> > of them is named bule.
> > Then I start to covert the projection.I
> > creation new epsg4326 location: then "v.proj input=bule
> > location=newlocation
> > mapset=PERMANENT dbase=D:\GrassDataBase output=newblueBut
> > when I display the newblue it is blank,just like the
> > projection is not matched......
>

> what does 'v.info newblueBut' say from within the WGS84 lat/lon location?

 The name is blue:
-----------------

 |----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 |   Type of Map:  vector (level: 2)

 |   Number of points:       0               Number of areas:      4893

 |   Number of lines:        0               Number of islands:    4272

 |   Number of boundaries:   17088           Number of faces:      0

 |   Number of centroids:    417             Number of kernels:    0

 |   Map is 3D:              0

 |   Number of dblinks:      1

 |         Projection: Universe Transverse Mercator (zone 20)

 |               N:  2765100.00000638    S:  2668200.00000033

 |               E:   645899.99999942    W:            587100

 |   Digitization threshold: 0

 |   Comments:

It seems that the cooridate is also UTM...........

> what does 'g.region -p' say from the lat/lon location?

> what does 'g.region -l' say from the UTM location?

> maybe you just need to do "g.region vect=newblueBut" to reset the zoom
> to match the data extent?

That is true ,by do this ,I can see the map.

The error kml got from the grass surround the hole earth when I add it to
google earth ,and the real loation of the tiff is Antarctica.