[GRASS-user] v.lidar.edgedetection very slow

John Tate john.tate at ntlworld.com
Sat Jun 20 07:54:23 EDT 2009

Ok, so I've got back to this and it appears the problem may have been
sqlite.
'v.in.ascii -z-b-r z=3', then I connected dbf (definately needed for
v.outlier to work- though no more Auxiliar_outlier_table errors) and
edgedetection was quick. It only ever uses one core (25% CPU) and when RAM
reaches around 520Mb usage it drops back to 80MB and climbs again. But it
works and only took around 2mins. This is for the 182kb file.

We'll see how it handles the 47MB ones later, particularly for dbf. I still
want to get a working methodology for at least one tile first.

Much of the other things people have mentioned have gone over my head. I'm
not a coder. I do not want to start changing things that I do not understand
(Hardware is more my thing). Cheers for the help though, greatly
appreciated.

John