[GRASS-user] v.lidar.edgedetection very slow

John Tate john.tate at ntlworld.com
Sun Jun 21 04:33:07 EDT 2009

>Note that there is a bug in v.outlier. v.outlier creates a temporary table by the name of outfilename_aux (LN >#137 /lidar/v.outlier/main.c) but elsewhere in the code it is hardwired to Auxiliar_outlier_table (LN's # 239 >& 258 /lidar/v.outlier/outlier.c) , so when it actually tries to write to the table it complains and fails. You can >get around it by manually creating this table using;
>

>db.copy from_table=outfilename_aux to_table=Auxiliar_outlier_table
>

>Mike

I tried this yesterday but the command didn't work for me. What I did discover however, is the error (unable to write to table Auxiliar_outlier_table) occurs when using spline steps of soe=4 son=4. I tried 10 and 5 for both and those worked. So not sure if there is a bug there. I will have to stick to 5 for now even though i wanted to use 4. I have not tried any other variations.

Just an update on my original thread, v.lidar.edgedetection was working fine with the 47MB file. Didn't take too long either.

John