[GRASS-user] Repository for RH Enterprise Linux / Scientific Linux ?

Lawrence Houston grass at greenfield.dyndns.org
Mon Jun 29 19:00:31 EDT 2009

Markus:

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009, Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 4:58 PM, John A
> Stevenson<john.stevenson at manchester.ac.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone know of a repository with rpms of Grass and other GIS software
>> (and the dependancies e.g. proj, gdal)?  What is the les-ejk of the Redhat
>> world?
>
> I am afraid that it does not exist - perhaps we could convince the
> ScientificLinux makers to add these few RPMs into the distribution.

Under CentOS Dag Wieer's RPM Repository satisfies some of my GRASS
Dependencies, which might also work with ScientificLinux (since both are
built from RHEL Source)???  Sorry I am NOT familiar with SL, so I can NOT
be more definitive...

    http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/

NOTE: Dag's Repositories can also be accessed directly from YUM, APT and
       UP2DATE...

Lawrence Houston  --  (grass at greenfield.dyndns.org)