[GRASS-user] Repository for RH Enterprise Linux / Scientific Linux ? - SOLVEDish

John A Stevenson john.stevenson at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Jun 30 12:43:33 EDT 2009

> Under CentOS Dag Wieer's RPM Repository satisfies some of my GRASS
> Dependencies, which might also work with ScientificLinux (since both
> are built from RHEL Source)???  Sorry I am NOT familiar with SL, so I
> can NOT be more definitive...
>
>    http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/
>
> NOTE: Dag's Repositories can also be accessed directly from YUM, APT and
>       UP2DATE...

Thanks,

In the end I got GDAL and Proj and most of my other dependencies from
the Dag Wieers repository.  It turns out that the Dag repository in
Scientific Linux
(ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/extra/dag/redhat/el4/en/x86_64/RPMS.dag/)
doesn't have the same packages as the main Dag repository
(http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/?M=D), so I had to change that.

I'm having problems with the wxpython and vdigit still, as it says that
there is some kind of version number mismatch, but I don't know if that
is related to repositories or down to my messy installation.

Cheers

John

--

Dr John Stevenson