[GRASS-user] GRASS 7 and SQLITE o POSTGRES

Gabriele N. gis.gn at libero.it
Mon Mar 2 04:12:38 EST 2009

Hi Markus, Benjamin

Markus Neteler wrote:

> Last Friday I met the SpatiaLite developer at the Italian GRASS/GFOSS
> meeting (http://gfoss2009.crs4.it/) which was a great conference btw.
>
> He is interested in linking GRASS and SpatiaLite, so maybe later
> this year new features are added to put GRASS vector and also
> raster data into SpatiaLite.
>
> Markus

this is really a good news :-)

Benjamin Ducke wrote:

> That would be simply great!
>
> With SpatiaLite support evolving in GRASS, QGIS and (perhaps)
> gvSIG, there would finally be a sane way for direct exchange
> of vector data between open source GIS without crippling it
> by going through abominations like Shapefiles.
>
> Ben

could be an asset important to work with open source.

Thanks

Gabriele

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 1:42 PM, Moritz Lennert
<mlennert a club.worldonline.be> wrote:
> The SQLite support in GRASS concerns the attribute management, not
> geometries. To access geometries in a SpatiaLite, you have to go through
> v.external.

Last Friday I met the SpatiaLite developer at the Italian GRASS/GFOSS
meeting (http://gfoss2009.crs4.it/) which was a great conference btw.

He is interested in linking GRASS and SpatiaLite, so maybe later
this year new features are added to put GRASS vector and also
raster data into SpatiaLite.

Markus

------
Files attached to this email may be in ISO 26300 format (OASIS Open Document
Format). If you have difficulty opening them, please visit
http://iso26300.info for more information.